It is important to understand that the prices mentioned in the table are only estimates or indicative rates. The actual costs of commercial cleaning services may vary depending on several factors such as building size, level of dirt, service frequency, geographical location, required equipment, and other criteria.
Commercial cleaning companies usually provide customized quotes based on the specific needs of each client. Before subscribing to a cleaning service, it is essential to request a detailed quote and discuss the services included in the package.
Prices may also be subject to seasonal variations or special promotions. Some cleaning contracts may include additional options such as window cleaning, carpet washing, special disinfection, etc., which can influence the total cost.
Therefore, it is advisable to directly contact the cleaning company to get accurate information on prices and services offered. This will provide a more precise evaluation based on your specific needs and ensure full transparency regarding the costs involved.
Comprehensive house cleaning
$80 - $150
Thorough cleaning with additional services
$120 - $200
Cleaning of debris and residues after renovation work
$150 - $250
Cleaning of interior and exterior windows
$50 - $100
Deep cleaning of carpets and rugs
$80 - $120
Cleaning and maintenance of fabric furniture
$60 - $100
List of Prices and Types of Buildings to Clean
Price (in CAD)
An independent house with its own yard, requiring a comprehensive cleaning of rooms, surfaces, and exteriors.
Starting from $100 - $300
A residential unit in a building, requiring cleaning of rooms, bathrooms, and kitchens.
Approximately $50 - $150
A residential unit in a building with shared common spaces, requiring cleaning of private and common areas.
Between $80 - $200
Costs and Services for Commercial Cleaning
Price (in CAD)
Regular cleaning of offices, including common areas, individual offices, and meeting rooms.
Starting from $150 - $300 per month
Cleaning of retail spaces, showcases, counters, and storage areas.
Approximately $100 - $250 per visit
Thorough cleaning of warehouses, including waste disposal and floor cleaning.
Between $200 - $500 per session
Cleaning of rooms, common areas, restaurants, and outdoor spaces in hotels.
Starting from $300 - $800 per month (depending on the hotel size)
The housekeeping attendant is responsible for maintaining a number of rental units. This person performs a set of tasks to ensure the comfort of guests during their stay at the establishment. They clean the units and prepare them for new guests. They are responsible for the order and cleanliness of the rental units. As soon as a guest has left their room, they change the sheets, make the beds, clean the toilets and bathroom, vacuum, clean the floors, and change the towels. They set up various amenities available to the guests, such as welcome products and promotional brochures. They remove the dirty laundry, count and sort it before returning it to the laundry. They must also be observant and report any irregularities to their supervisor. They must note missing items and inspect the general operation of the room equipment to report any possible damage and repairs needed (defective lighting or equipment, water leaks, etc.).
The work of housekeeping attendants is a central element in the quality of customer service. These individuals respond, in accordance with the policies of the tourist accommodation, to the needs of the customers. They significantly contribute to enhancing the establishment's competitiveness. Their work must retain customers not only by meeting their needs but exceeding them.
Essential Skills to Master
Representatives of the tourism sector agree that the job of housekeeping attendant in tourist accommodations includes the following essential skills:
1. Being able to prepare for the workday.
2. Being able to perform housekeeping and guest comfort activities.
3. Being able to communicate and interact in various work situations.
4. Being able to close the workday.
5. Being able to offer the turndown service.
It may be supplemented with the following additional skill(s):
6. Being able to perform related maintenance activities.
7. Being able to clean common areas.
8. Being able to perform laundry activities.
Demonstrating mastery of the five (5) essential skills is mandatory to obtain the professional qualification certificate of housekeeping attendant in tourist accommodations.
Demonstrating mastery of the additional skill(s) (non-mandatory) leads to obtaining a certificate of competence for the relevant skill(s).
A housekeeping attendant performs a set of tasks to ensure the comfort of guests during their stay at the establishment. The job of housekeeping attendant is responsible for cleaning, maintaining, and tidying up the rental units, as well as public areas, in accordance with the establishment's policies and procedures.
In this job description of the housekeeping attendant, this work function is mainly found in the accommodation sub-sector. The companies most likely to hire workers for this work function are hotels, resorts/health centers, inns, guesthouses, motels.
As tasks of the jobs of housekeeping and cleaning workers - light duties include cleaning hallways, corridors, offices, and rooms in hotels, motels, resorts, hospitals, schools, office buildings, and other buildings, as well as private residences. They are employed by hotels, motels, resorts, recreation facilities, hospitals, and other establishments, property management companies, private cleaning service companies, and individuals.
Main tasks of a housekeeping attendant:
- Prepare the necessary equipment for the maintenance of the assigned premises.
- Prepare the unit for cleaning.
- Clean the bathroom and bedroom (change bedding and make beds, dust furniture, vacuum carpets, rugs, curtains, and upholstered furniture, disinfect and clean sanitary facilities and floors, remove garbage, check the condition of furniture and equipment, replenish guest amenities and hygiene products, etc.).
- Report any irregularities regarding the condition of the rooms.
- Clean rooms or accessories adjacent to the rental unit (kitchenette, whirlpool bath, fireplace, etc.).
- Clean reception areas (corridors, halls, stairwells, elevators), and public restrooms.
Other tasks and responsibilities:
- Remove stains from walls, switches, doors, doorknobs, mirrors, windows, and others.
- Dust surfaces such as desks, tables, blinds, light fixtures, and others.
- Wash, remove stains, and disinfect toilets and sinks.
- Sweep and mop floors and stairs.
- Change bedding, towels, and linens.
- Empty garbage, recycling, and replace bags.
- Wash dishes and empty the dishwasher.
- Refill soap, products, and paper dispensers.
- Count equipment, furniture, and other material.
- Monitor the cleaning service.
- Report any possible damage and repairs needed.
- Monitor the supply of necessary supplies and products for proper functioning.
- Participate in various relevant meetings in the course of their duties.
- Collaborate in creating, implementing, and monitoring various work tools and procedures.
- Collaborate in painting work when necessary.
Working conditions of a housekeeping attendant:
The job often requires working in the evenings, weekends, or public holidays. The organization of work may vary depending on the tourist season. It is a solitary, routine, and physically demanding job.
Like any other job in the tourism industry, remuneration varies depending on several factors:
- Relating to the employee (previous work experience, education and training, etc.)
- Relating to the company (size, location, level of quality, affiliation with a chain, presence of a union, seasonality of operations, etc.)
- Relating to the job itself (schedules, tips, other non-monetary benefits, etc.)
Skills and qualifications:
- Aptitudes for customer service (interpersonal skills, concern for quality and customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Professional attitudes and behaviors (discretion, honesty, teamwork skills, autonomy, versatility, initiative, organizational skills, etc.)
- Minimal knowledge of French and English. Mastery of other languages is an asset.
- Good physical condition.
Considering a job as a housekeeping attendant? Here is some useful information if you wish to pursue a position like this.
Nature of the work:
The housekeeping attendant must ensure and maintain cleanliness in the places where they work. Potential employers are diverse, including restaurants, hotels, health centers for seniors, government centers, schools, office buildings, cities, and many other types of businesses and buildings. It is a job that is always in high demand.
Depending on their place of work, the housekeeping attendant is generally responsible for performing various tasks to ensure the cleanliness and hygiene of the establishment, such as cleaning floors and walls, dusting and washing various surfaces, cleaning bathrooms, washing windows, taking care of garbage, ensuring the cleanliness and good condition of the equipment they use, or cleaning ventilation traps. The attendant may be assigned various related tasks deemed necessary by their employer.
It is essential to have good physical fitness as the housekeeping attendant must work standing all day and perform several physically demanding tasks. They must also be versatile due to the wide variety of tasks assigned to them, have good autonomy and discernment, be resourceful, and take the initiative.
Required training and access to the job:
No specific training is required to become a housekeeping attendant. Employers usually require having completed a high school diploma.
After several years of experience, this profession can lead to team leader positions or maintenance officer positions.
It is also possible to move towards entrepreneurship by creating your own cleaning company.